W12 Reflection: Social Media for SEO & Social Networking | Winward

This past week, I learned some really important stuff about making my website stand out online and using social media to promote it. First off, I found out how crucial it is to create content that's easy to find on search engines, shareable on social media, and easy to snack on (meaning people can quickly check it out). Plus, I got a handle on how those search engine spiders work and how to make my content more visible by tweaking things like keywords, headings, and links.

Then, I dug into researching a social media plan that actually works. It's all about setting clear goals, knowing who my audience is, and creating a mix of cool content like blogs, pics, videos, and maybe even podcasts. One of my short-term goals is to enhance my mobile-phone view, since my website seems to be getting the most traffic from that.

When it comes to specific platforms like Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook, I learned how to tailor my content for each. Pinterest is great for sharing visually appealing stuff like recipes, Instagram's all about eye-catching food pics and videos, YouTube's awesome for tutorials and demos, and Facebook is perfect for engaging with a wide audience through posts and live videos.

All this knowledge is helping me make my website more visible and could assist me in bringing in more visitors through smart social media tactics.

Comments